Job Posting Title
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 Financial Services
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position isup to $45,006.00, based on education and experience.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Accountant II providing support to Financial Services with the Oklahoma State Department of Health. This is a state employee position PIN 34002383 governed by the Civil Service Rules , in state government located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet,including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2023 . The annual salary for this position isup to $45,006.00, based on education and experience.
Telework may be considered for a portion of this job based on employee's skills and abilities, and is subject of OSDH policy and supervisor's discretion.
Position will provide agency accounting/infrastructure support necessary to meet Federal and State financial reporting obligations. Professional level work in the maintenance, analysis, interpretation and management of financial accounting data. This includes the preparation and posting of various journals, ledgers and accounts, analysis and presentation of financial data, and preparation of financial statements and expenditure reports, review and approval of various vouchers and invoices for payment, analyzing budget requirements, preparing payroll data, allocation of funds to various accounts or functions, and other similar activities.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
- Reviews, analyzes and presents financial data, including revenue projections and expenditure reports, to determine funding requirements.
- Prepares financial statements, reports of operations, expenditure reports, statistical data, and other information concerning financial requirements; assists in gathering and reviewing data for preparation of budget work programs.
- Maintains various ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records; allocates revenues to appropriate functions; classifies expenditures and posts to various accounts as required.
- Reviews and processes expense vouchers, invoices, and other fiscal documents for payment; reconciles various financial reports and other data concerning fiscal operations.
- Determines payroll requirements; maintains payroll data; prepares and processes monthly payrolls.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting or a bachelor's degree in business, finance or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of bookkeeping for each year of the required degree. Plus one year of experience in performing professional accounting experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; and of computer technology related to accounting systems. Ability is required to prepare basic financial statements and reports; to review and analyze financial information; and to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
Knowledge of payroll systems and budget preparation. Ability to review revenue and cost data for the preparation of budget work programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.