Administrative Assistant (Nursing Scheduler)
Job Posting Title
Administrative Assistant (Nursing Scheduler)
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Norman Veterans Center
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Must have knowledge, understanding and experience in Excel.
Must have knowledge of and experience in scheduling staff of 150 or more staff members.
Nursing Scheduler salary $38,640.00 ($18.58 hourly)
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Biweekly benefit allowance for 2023 as follow:
Employee only $343.28
Employee & Spouse $682.90
Employee, Spouse & Child $802.50
Employee, Spouse & Children $872.88
Employee & Child $464.14
Employee & Children $548.39
Brief outline on retirement:
Pathfinder is a 401K with 3 plan choices:
Standard: 4.5% we put in 6%
High: 7% we put in 7%
Customized -You have the opportunity to put in any amount over 4.5% or 7%. We put in 6% for anything less than 7% and 7% for anything over 7%.
You vest 20% each year. At 5 years you are fully vested.
Additional Incentive amounts:
You can earn up to 10% of your annual salary by completing any incentive bonus listed that does not pertain to your job description and that would benefit this facility (example: keeping your CNA cert updated while working in accounting is $2600 per year because it will benefit this facility, but getting your cleat would not benefit this facility so it wouldn't be one that you would be able to get the incentive pay for)
Student loan repayment program
We will pay $5,000 per year up to 3 year ($15,000) toward your student loans
Longevity begins after 2 years. You receive your first longevity payment in the pay period of your anniversary date.
You will receive a longevity payment on year 2 and every year after but on even years it will increase (Example: year 2 -$250, year 3 -$250, Year 4 -$426 so on and so on)
Paid time off:
• 1-5 years - 15 days a year possible - 4.62 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.057692 per minute)
• 5-10 years - 18 days a year possible - 5.54 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.069231 per minute)
• 10-20 years - 20 days per year possible - 6.15 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.076923 per minute)
• 20 years plus - 25 days per year possible - 7.69 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.096154 per minute)
Sick leave: 15 days a year possible - 4.62 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.057692 per minute)
Holiday leave: 11 holidays accrued yearly to use within 6 months after accrual date.
Admin Weather leave: We are considered essential personnel; we will be required to work during inclement weather. You will accrue up to 8 hours per day or 36 hours total of admin leave if you are working during inclement weather to use within the 6 months from the date of accrual.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving skilled medical transcription work in typing medical reports from dictating equipment or from physicians notes or other sources.
- Transcribes various permanent, confidential, legal, medical documents, including histories, physical examinations, operative reports, discharge summaries, x-rays, EEG's, consultations and letters of correspondence for physicians, psychiatrists, social workers, psychologists and other professional staff as appropriate.
- Abstracts information from discharge records to compose first draft of discharge summary in keeping with individual physician preference and style for reporting.
- Communicates with clinicians concerning required documents that are delinquent or incomplete.
- Provides transcribed documents to the medical records unit and clinician.
This is the career level of the job family where employees are responsible for performing a full range of work in transcribing various forms of notes and records, including dictation, written notes, charts and other documents.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of one year of experience typing and transcribing medical reports from dictating equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting the successful completion of a college/technical training course in medical transcription for only six months of the required experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of medical terminology; of grammar, punctuation and spelling; of dictating and word processing equipment; of clerical office procedures; and of report and letter writing. Skill is required to type. Ability is required to follow instructions; to organize work; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.