Birth Partner – Doula – Temporary
Job Posting Title
Birth Partner - Doula - Temporary
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 10
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
May 19, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The hourly salary for this position is up to $24.00 per hour based on education and experience.
This position will provide prenatal in-home support and hospital delivery doula services for women at high risk for negative birth outcomes. This position will work in a team to deliver community birth education, prenatal health information, and connection to other mothers within Cleveland County. The Birth Partners program aims to positively influence the birth and early parenting experience. The program seeks to improve negative birth outcomes by building relationships, offering individualized doula support, and reducing barriers to care. Birth Partners is intended to decrease incidents of maternal depression, isolation, and trauma through community building education services beginning prenatally and continuing through the early postpartum period.
These functions are performed due to the fact that tobacco use is a leading contributor to illness and early death from chronic diseases.
- Assists with community education services including classes and outreach.
- Assists individual clients with birth planning, labor and delivery follow-up, and post-partum monitoring.
- Works with a team to provide client the opportunity to manage and improve birth experience.
- Works with a team to connect client with resources.
- Presents conception health information in one-on-one and group formats.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Some college. Will accept 3 years of experience in a health related field.
- Preference given to those with doula certification, those who are bilingual, those with experience working with minority populations, and/or candidates with a Bachelor's degree.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
- Travel required
- Applicants must be able to work non-traditional, flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Applicants must complete doula certification within 6 months of hire
Additional Job Description
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.