Community Engagement Manager
Job Posting Title
Community Engagement Manager
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 4
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The Annual Salary for this position is up to $72,000 based on Education and Experience.
Under the direction of the Regional Administrative Director, this position works to develop community-based public health programs through collaboration with community partners. This position is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the principal operations of the Community Engagement and Planning team for District 4 County Health Departments.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
- Actively direct, coordinate, collaborate, and consult with program staff in order to provide direction and guidance for program service delivery for the Community Engagement and Planning team
- Review relevant budgetary and statistical reports, analyze findings, and make recommendations for program delivery adjustments
- Participate in program analysis, including the analysis or problems and needed services.
- Support Grant applications, reporting, budget tracking and purchasing
- Support & Facilitate District Communications plans.
- Participate in program analysis, including the analysis of population health needs, strategic community issues and needed services
- Cultivate relationships at all levels within and outside the organization
- Review policies and procedures and participate in policy development
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Provide consultation to internal and external customers including central office program staff, community partners, and emergency response partners
- Participate in community coalition development and consultation of community assessment, health improvement planning, and strategic planning
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support of mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Work effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Required at this level consists of a master's degree and minimum five years of professional supervisory, managerial or administrative experience in the following areas:
Public health administration, social work, social services, early childhood development, Guidance and counseling, nursing, public administration, community-based prevention , juvenile justice, rehabilitation or disability services, vocational rehabilitation or health education .
Equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of professional level experience in the above listed areas for each year of the required education.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the required professional supervisory, managerial, consultative or administrative experience.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include knowledge of agency policy; of state and federal regulations relevant to agency programs; of sound methods of administration; of public health evaluation & planning; of methods of management and planning and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability is required to administer programs and supervise personnel; to maintain effective working relationships with others; to communicate effectively; and to exercise good judgment in the solution of problems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.