Data Governance Officer
Job Posting Title
Data Governance Officer
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 Center for Health Statistics
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary is up to $82,499 based on education and experience.
Location: 123 Robert S Kerr Ave OKC, OK 73102
Salary: up to $82,499 based on education and experience.
Full Time /Part Time: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Primary Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Why you'll love it here!
RESPECT. COLLABORATION. SERVICE. The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. Check out why were are passionate about public health and believe it is the career for you!!! What is Public Health?
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? We know that benefits matter and that is why we offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees.
- Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums.
- A wide choice of insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses and/or dependent care.
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match.
- 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year for full time employees.
- 11 paid holidays a year.
- Student Loan repayment options & tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts with a variety of companies and venders.
- Longevity Bonus for years of service
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full-time Data Governance Manager providing support to Center for Health Statistics. This position (PIN #34002526) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK.OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet ,including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here] . The annual salary for this position is up to $82,499 based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement an enterprise-level data governance office for the Oklahoma State Department of Health. This position will ensure that OSDH has trusted and robust data standards and processes that support demographic, clinical and financial analytics to help guide decision making and policy, and will lead the formulation of data quality related standards, policies, and procedures to ensure that the data quality is appropriately measured.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, document, maintain and lead enforcement of data management policy, framework, and standards.
- Facilitate Data Use request review by leading the Data Use Review Committee.
- Develop and maintain a repository of data use agreements across all OSDH data systems;
- Develop and execute annual audits of data use agreements; Develop, document, maintain and lead enforcement of data management policy, framework and standards;
- Develop and maintain a repository of data dictionaries across all OSDH data systems;
- Develop/maintain an OSDH data governance model to include policies, roles, structure of Data Governance Committee and responsibilities of Data Stewards within service areas and programs;
- Coordinate meetings with Data Owners, Data Stewards, Developers and OMES Support staff in order to facilitate application-level reviews of defined performance metrics.
- Actively monitor external trends and best practices in data governance and recommend changes to data owners, and OSDH executive staff as needed;
- Incorporate data governance into all OSDH information management activities including service-oriented architecture, security, business intelligence, IT governance, etc.;
- In conjunction with OMES-IS ensure that data integrity and quality are incorporated into standard system development and modification processes; and support data quality efforts including the definition of business rules and the resolution of quality issues impacting critical data elements.
- Support data quality efforts including the definition of business rules and the resolution of quality issues impacting critical data elements.
- Develop data governance strategy for the agency along with best practices for maintaining the lifecycle of OSDH data
- Serve as OSDH subject matter expert on Data Governance
- Take an active role in various projects and committees to represent the OSDH Data Governance Office
- Lead strategic milestones related to Data Modernization Initiatives as assigned. including: Develop and implement Data Quality Management (DQM) and Data Lifecycle Management (DLM) framework.
- Collaborate and effectively engage diverse stakeholders to promote data governance initiatives and foster a culture of data-driven decision making.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Education and Experience
Requirements consist of a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business, Statistics, Data Management, MIS, Informatics or similar degree, and at least 2 years' experience in data governance, data standards management, data management at an enterprise level or project management with knowledge of computer applications and data management principles.
This position has preferred qualifications:
- Possession of a Master's and five years' experience with data governance, data management, or analytics or prior experience working with data and data governance preferably within a government or public sector context.
- Related certifications such as Data Governance and Stewardship Professional (DGSP), Certified Public Sector Data Governance Professional (PSDGP), Information Governance Professional (IGP), Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) or other certifications related to Data Governance.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2 to 4 years of experience working with data governance or data management at the enterprise level.
- Ability to work with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and general knowledge of Data Systems.
- Ability to develop strategy and policy.
- Understanding of data governance frameworks such as DAMA-DMBOK and understanding of best practices and standards for data governance and the impact that IT infrastructure/environments have on governance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to work with large and small groups; and be self-motivated and organized.
- Possession of Project Management skills/experience and ability to lead and drive organizational change in data governance practices.
- Knowledge of relevant data protection laws, regulations, and policies specific to the government sector, such as privacy laws or open data initiatives, is beneficial. Experience in ensuring compliance with data privacy and security regulations is desirable.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment and computer based. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
This position is Hybrid and is subject to OSDH policy and supervisor's discretion.
- If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of application.
- All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.