EPRS HCC Readiness and Response Coordinator
Job Posting Title
EPRS HCC Readiness and Response Coordinator
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 Emergency Prep & Response Svs
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position isup to $60,000.00 based on education and experience.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time HCC Readiness and Response Coordinator providing support to Oklahoma Health Department. This is a state employee position 34001278 governed by the Civil Service Rules , located in Oklahoma City.OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet,including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2023 .
This position focuses on efforts with the established Healthcare Coalition in Homeland Security Region 1 (Northwest) Oklahoma to enhance and coordinate for building success through collaboration. This position will also serve as a Preparedness Readiness Championthroughout the medical systems, emergency management, and other disciplineswho are an integral part of whole community emergency preparedness.You will be an integral member of the team working to expand the readiness of OSDH within the Health Care Preparedness and Response Capabilities.
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Collaboration & Discovery
- Champion & share best practices with key stakeholders at the Region level
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maximize program impact and preparedness initiatives within the Region 1 Healthcare Coalition
- Contribute to the annual grant and strategic planning
- Support networks, preparedness influencers, and Healthcare Coalition leader identification
- Collaborate with members of theEPRS Preparedness and Response Teams to develop and execute programs.
- Build awareness of the Healthcare Coalition and engage priority stakeholders to generate excitement for health and medical initiatives
- In partnership with the Healthcare Coalition leadership, lead the development of communications strategy and plan for medical response system projects
- Partner and collaborate with Healthcare Coalition Leadership to create plans that amplify preparedness activities to expand effectiveness of plans
- Be constantly aware of emerging trends, preparedness products and technologies and identify opportunities to apply new technologies, products and services to established initiatives with the Hospital Preparedness Program
- Collect and share cross-functional expertise withhealthcare coalition stakeholders.
- Implement supporting tools and best practices to facilitatehealthcare coalition planningactivities.
- Identify and manage knowledge gaps.
- Develop and offer best practice tools andresourcesfor the Region 1 Healthcare Coalition
- Maintain and grow the relationship with theinternal and external stakeholders withineach managedpreparedness initiative.
- Acts as a trusted advisor in exploiting emerging opportunities internally and with the Region 1 Healthcare Coalition
- Communicates regularly and works cross functionally to secure full alignment of the goals and strategies for the Healthcare Coalition
- Institutionalizes a credible and constructive transformational relationship through adding value across the preparedness activities across the State within the Healthcare Coalition
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in public administration,emergencymanagement, public health administration, healthcare, or a closely related field;andthreeyears of emergency planning or healthcare preparedness experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of education for each year of qualifyingpreparednessrelated experience.
- Registered Nurse licensure preferred.
Valued Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, TEAMS, and other virtual platforms
- Ability to speak to the public and to organize meetings.
- Ability to lead, take initiative, work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, paying attention to detail on many various tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Delivers timely information and reporting.
- Energetic, humble, approachable, and transparent personality who gets things done.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Able to effectively manage tasks under high pressure working conditions.
- Positive and service-oriented demeanor
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, quickly evolving role.
- Knowledge of emergency management principles and practices, including the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Knowledge of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Some work will be performed in the community with exposure to varying conditions. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights and weekends. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. A valid driver's license is required.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.