Health Educator II
Job Posting Title
Health Educator II
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 7
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position is up to $44,000, based on education and experience
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of health education/promotion programs.
This is the specialist level where incumbents are assigned advanced level responsibilities for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health education programs such as serving as a team leader or lead worker on specific projects, programs, or activities.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
The functions in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
- Conducts needs assessments at the individual, organizational, and community levels to determine appropriate theoretical basis from which to initiate programmatic and strategic planning.
- Conducts programmatic and strategic planning with stakeholders in regard to health issues and infrastructure development.
- Implements and/or monitors the implementation of evidence based health education curricula and health promotion programs with an emphasis on program completeness, fidelity, and evaluation.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of health education/promotion programs and makes necessary changes.
- Assists in the development of grant related documents and proposals.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with agencies, communities, or organizations in determining the need for specialized health education programs and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of such programs; this includes strategic planning, the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
- Prepares and delivers public presentations for selected audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Education and Experience
Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Community Health, School Health Education, Health Studies, Nutrition, Health Behavior, Public Health, Education degree, Behavioral Health/Psychology or Sociology, Communications , Nursing or related degree PLUS one year of experience in public health education or community development.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of public health problems, principles and practices; of theoretical concepts of health behavior and application of such; of group organization and leadership; of community infrastructure development; of current social and economic problems as they relate to public health; of statistical methods; of basic epidemiology; and of grant preparation. Ability is required to speak to the public; to organize communities, establish and facilitate coalitions, and direct groups; to prepare a variety of educational materials, such as pamphlets, bulletins, oral presentations, articles for publication, newsletters and curricula; to use personal computers and applicable software such as word processing and digital/video presentation; and to show cultural competence in working with diverse populations. Ability is required to coordinate and carry out advanced level projects.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.