Health Facility Surveyor III
Job Posting Title
Health Facility Surveyor III
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 Medical Facilities Service
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position is up to $60,000 based on education and experience.
This position Is assigned responsibilities for performing state technical licensure, federal certification surveys, and complaint investigations for a variety of health facilities; evaluating the care provided residents/patients/clients by licensed or registered facility staff; and providing consultative and technical assistance to health facilities and laboratories regarding professional standards of practice; and ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES TRAVEL THAT MAY INCLUDE OVERNIGHT STAYS; WORKING NIGHTS AND/OR WEEKENDS,
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Observes,analyzes,and evaluates the provision of nursing,dietary,social,laboratory, and pharmaceutical services as well as respiratory,speech, physical and occupational therapy services for compliance to professional standards of practice,
- Reviews faculty compliance history; conducts entrance Interview with facility administrator or representative providing explanation for survey and conducts exit Interview to discuss problems and deficiencies; tours Interior and exterior physical environment of facilities for required equipment, supplies, maintenance, water temperature, and sanitation; evaluates administrative records to include policies and procedures,staffing logs, In-service programs, and medical records In order to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Employs sampling methodology to select residents/patients/clients for In-depth evaluation of the care and service needs of the patients/clients versus the care and services provided.
- Interviews patients/clients, family members, and facility personnel, and others to obtain and document Information regarding patients/clients care and/or to respond to complaints.
- Completes required forms and reports, which detail deficiencies noted during faculty
- Investigates allegations and makes determinations of patient/client abuse and neglect; makes determinations of Immediate Jeopardy In which Immediate corrective action Is necessary because a facility practice has caused,or Is likely to cause,serious Injury, harm, Impairment,or death to a patient/client;makes determinations of actual harm In which a faculty practice has cause a negative outcome that has compromised the patient's/client's ability to maintain and/or reach his/her highest practicable physical, mental, and psycho social well being
- Recommends action as to certification or llcensure renewal, non-renewal, or termination/revocation; relocates patients/clients In the event of an administrative order for the emergency relocation of patients/clients; testifies to Inspection findings at hearings or In court proceedings.
- Provides technical assistance to facilities in areas of expertise; describes observed deficiencies to appropriate facility staff and provides consultation relative to Improvements needed to comply with regulations
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating Instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively In team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This Job description Is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this Job. Duties, responsibility and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree in business, public health, hospital or public administration, behavioral, environmental, or fire safety science and two years of experience In a health care, developmental disability, public health, environmental health, fire safety, or domiciliary facility licensure, certification, accreditation, Inspection, or administration; or a bachelor's degree which Includes a minimum of thirty semester hours In any combination of physical, natural or biological sciences and two years of experience In health care, developmental disability, public health, environmental health, fire safety, or domiciliary facility licensure, certification, accreditation, Inspection, investigation, or administration; or a combination equivalent of education substituting the completion of a post baccalaureate degree for one year only of the required experience.
Valued Knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and policies regarding licensure and certification of health care facilities; of what constitutes Immediacy of threat to a client; and of the requirements for determining culpability of a facility. Ability Is required to observe, document, analyze, and evaluate the provision of care against the applicable standards of practice, statue, and regulation; to employ the principles and methods of conducting Interviews using memory retrieval methods; to Interview patients/clients with diminished mental capacity, developmental disablilties, and/or acute and chronic medical conditions; to gather and present.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.