Job Posting Title
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Lawton/Ft. Sill Veterans Cente
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Level I - Salary - Annual - $24,300.00/ Hourly - $11.68
Level II - Salary - Annual - $26,380.00/ Hourly - $12.68
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of a state institution, public building, or state lodge or in the supervision or management of employees performing these duties.
- Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
- Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
- Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
- Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
- Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
- Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
- Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
- Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
- Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
- Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
- Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
- Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
This is the entry level of this job family where employees are assigned routine work involving sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other simple cleaning duties. Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials.
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities involving the full
performance of a variety of custodial and housekeeping duties, including sweeping, mopping, dusting,
disposing of trash, and other cleaning duties. Some positions may also have responsibilities involving the
disposal of hazardous materials or other restricted items.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of none.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of six months experience in building or institutional custodial work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of various cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work; of proper procedures for disposing of waste, including medically contaminated sharps and medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies; and of
chemical product safety. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions. Skill is required to operate custodial equipment.
Applicants must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with this position and meet the physical examination requirements
of occasionally lifting/carrying 40 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds. Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by63 O.S. § 427.8.
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.