Job Posting Title
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Ardmore Veterans Center
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
June 02, 2023
$12.68 per hour
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of a state institution, public building, or state lodge or in the supervision or management of employees performing these duties.
- Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
- Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
- Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
- Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
- Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
- Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
- Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
- Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
- Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
- Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
- Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
- Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
This is the leadership level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities involving the supervision of workers involved in the operation of a housekeeping and/or custodial department in a state institution, building or state lodge. In this role employees supervise two or more custodial crews, and they will assign work, review and evaluate performance and provide training. Some positions may serve as an assistant to a Custodian/Housekeeping Superintendent.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of six months experience in building or institutional custodial work or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the principles and practices of large scale housekeeping, including those of organization and of unit function; of the methods, materials, supplies and equipment used in institutional or hospitality housekeeping and custodial work; of supervisory principles and practices; of elementary stock control and inventory methods; and of cleaning compounds and insect and vermin control solutions and their chemical effect on surfaces, materials and textiles. Ability is required to plan, inspect and supervise the work of employees; to estimate needed supplies and materials; to establish and maintain necessary records and inventory control; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 40 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds. Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by63 O.S. § 427.8.
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.