HR Administrative Assistant
Job Posting Title
HR Administrative Assistant
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 Human Resource
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
September 07, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary is up to $49,000.00 based on education and experience.
Why you'll love it here!
RESPECT. COLLABORATION. SERVICE. The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. Check out why were are passionate about public health and believe it is the career for you!!! What is Public Health?
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? We know that benefits matter and that is why we offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees.
- Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums.
- A wide choice of insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses and/or dependent care.
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match.
- 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year for full time employees.
- 11 paid holidays a year.
- Student Loan repayment options & tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts with a variety of companies and venders.
- Longevity Bonus for years of service
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Oklahoma State Department of Health Human Resources Department maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar activities. The HR Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks and support the HR department in duties like updating HR reports and databases, processing employee requests, serving as a first point of contact for the HR Department, and performing a variety of procurement tasks. This position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Initiates correspondence requiring knowledge of agency or Human Resources procedures and policies.
- Develops and maintains confidential or complex files.
- Interprets and advises internal and external customers on departmental or program rules, regulations, and laws.
- Prepares invoices and payments of claims, requisitions, purchase orders, and other fiscal duties.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, like leave without pay status, longevity bonus, and FMLA status.
- Coordinates activities with internal and external customers.
- Arranges appointments, maintain the Human Resources schedule, and handle office details.
- Manage the department's telephone and shared inboxes to address queries accordingly.
- Enters and retrieves information using Personal Computer or other data processing equipment receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; reviews data and makes routine corrections.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in a team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Four years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Procurement: Foundational understanding of procurement and acquisition processes including experience with P-Card purchasing and reconciliation or Certified Procurement Officer Level 1 or greater.
- HR Information Systems (HRIS): Familiarity with HRIS platforms like Workday, Oracle HCM, PeopleSoft, or other similar systems commonly used for managing employee data, tracking performance, and generating reports.
- Technology and Data Management: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software primarily including Word and Excel. Familiarity with Smartsheet and Adobe Pro.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: This position is set in an office environment, computer based. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
Telework: This position can accommodate a Hybrid work setting and is subject to OSDH policy and supervisor's discretion.
- All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.