Human Resources Business Partner
Job Posting Title
Human Resources Business Partner
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 Human Resource
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
November 24, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary based on education and experience.
Why you'll love it here!
RESPECT. COLLABORATION. SERVICE. The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. Check out why were are passionate about public health and believe it is the career for you!!! What is Public Health?
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? We know that benefits matter and that is why we offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees.
- Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums.
- A wide choice of insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses and/or dependent care.
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match.
- 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year for full time employees.
- 11 paid holidays a year.
- Student Loan repayment options & tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts with a variety of companies and venders.
- Longevity Bonus for years of service
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the agency. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the unit and its relation to the overall mission and vision of the agency.
- Conducts regular meetings with respective Deputy Commissioners and Directors.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Completes classification studies, job audits and other activities to identify duties and responsibilities assigned to employees; develops job descriptions, job specifications, organization charts and other materials to describe positions and duties performed by employees; determines appropriate classifications for individual positions.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conducts workplace investigations into allegations of policy violations.
- Provides HR policy and statutory guidance and interpretation.
- Provides expert advice to areas on span of control, new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs. Partners with the Organizational development team to evaluate and monitor of training programs to ensure success.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in a team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Bachelor's degree in human resources, industrial/organizational psychology, public administration, sociology, psychology, organizational development, or a closely related field, with a minimum 4 years of experience in multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employment relations, organizational diagnosis, DE&I, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional HR Certification credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
Note: Experience which was incidental to or not a major responsibility or duty of the position shall not be accepted as qualifying. Human resources management experience should include at least one of the following: job analysis, position classification, wage/salary and benefits administration, civil rights administration, recruitment or payroll administration.
- EEO Certified Investigator
- Workday Experience
- Working in a Centers of Excellence model
Physical Demands and Work Environment: This position is set in an office environment, computer based. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
Telework: This position can accommodate a Hybrid work setting and is subject to OSDH policy and supervisor's discretion.
- All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.