Human Resources Mgmt Spec
Job Posting Title
Human Resources Mgmt Spec
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Lawton/Ft. Sill Veterans Cente
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Hourly - 20.19
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the management of human resources, the completion of various human resources management activities and personnel actions, and the application of laws, rules and standards related to personnel and payroll administration and human resources management. Some positions are assigned responsibilities in a specialized area of human resources management, such as compensation, classification, recruiting, grievance management, personnel selection, employee benefits, or employee transactions. Other positions may be assigned responsibilities in several or all of these areas, depending on the size and organization of the unit or agency to which assigned.
- Performs human resources management, personnel, or payroll administration activities involving responsibility for the interpretation and application of rules, laws and policies.
- Completes classification studies, job audits and other activities to identify duties and responsibilities assigned to employees; develops job descriptions, job specifications, organization charts and other materials to describe positions and duties performed by employees; determines appropriate classifications for individual positions.
- Conducts wage and salary surveys by collecting and evaluating salary data; prepares recommendations or requests for salary changes; determines salary changes authorized for specific actions, such as appointments, promotions, transfers, demotions and reinstatements.
- Administers the preparation and processing of agency payrolls; administers the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act: administers leave, worker's compensation, insurance, retirement and other employee benefits programs, or special programs such as daycare and charitable contributions.
- Collects and analyzes data on personnel selection procedures and methods, based on established psychometric techniques; prepares charts, graphs and other statistical information on examination results, develops tests and other selection devises.
- Performs centralized or agency recruiting activities; prepares recruiting announcements or other information concerning job vacancies; interviews applicants and evaluates application forms; provides job counseling to prospective employees; administers minority recruitment and outreach programs; visits schools, colleges and other sources for recruitment.
- Administers agency grievance program; counsels employees on grievance procedures; completes research and investigations as needed.
- Prepares, processes, reviews, analyzes, or approves employee personnel transactions; ensures compliance with applicable laws and rules concerning appointments, promotions, demotions, transfers, separations and other actions.
- Interprets rules and laws concerning employee personnel actions; advises agency personnel staff, employees, supervisors and managers on various personnel related issues.
- Maintains a system of employee personnel records.
At this level, employees perform routine professional level work in completing various personnel management activities and tasks. This may include reviewing personnel actions, evaluating job applications, conducting interviews, counseling employees, preparing certificates of eligibles for various positions, completing job audits, developing selection devices and other activities.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree; or four years of technical human resources management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of human resources management policies and procedures; of records maintenance; and of business communications. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to understand and apply applicable rules, laws and policies.
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.