Licensed Practical Nurse II
Job Posting Title
Licensed Practical Nurse II
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 2
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position is up to $48,400, based on education and experience.
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibility for performing a full range of nursing assignments as a Licensed Practical Nurse and perform nursing task at the full performance level in providing care to patients or clients. Responsibilities will include providing guidance and training to others in completing routine nursing task and activities.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills and licensure.
- Provide contraceptive education and pregnancy testing.
- Performing WIC assessments on women, infant and children who are eligible.
- Obtaining height and weight checks, hemoglobin testing, and lead testing.
- Educate parents on feeding habits for newborn babies and children to five years of age.
- Educate pregnant women and moms on breastfeeding.
- Issues breast pumps and instruct on how to use the pump and storage/handling of breast milk.
- Educate on the proper storage, mixing and handling of formula.
- Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles.
- Assess immunizations records and give required immunizations to infant, children and adults.
- Provide patient education on vaccines and possible side effects.
- Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings.
- Head checks for lice on children and adults.
- Provide education for lice treatment and prevention.
- Community outreach involves going to various sites, events and functions 1-2 times per year in the community to provide services and education on the services provided by the county health department for the community.
- Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
- Administers medications as ordered.
- Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Requirements consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC); plus one year of practical nursing experience.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; plus demonstrated ability to provide nursing care to patients or clients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in clinic environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time. Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.