Licensed Practical Nurse III
Job Posting Title
Licensed Practical Nurse III
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Talihina Veterans Center
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
$1.44/hour Shift Differential for Evening/Night Shift
Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs - Talihina, OK
"Called to Serve"
Do you know someone who would like a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse III position? This is a state agency position located in Talihina in Southeast Oklahoma. ODVA is a long-term care facility for Veterans and the person chosen for this position will have the honor of providing licensed nursing care for our Veterans who have sacrificed so much for us!
Basic Purpose Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in a clinic, hospital, institution, or home setting for individuals under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician, or dentist. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients and others.
As an LPN III, you will have the following daily tasks:
- • Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure. • Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions
- • Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as: taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output
- • Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings
- • Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care. • Administers medications as ordered
- • Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member
- • Serves as Lead Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration and patient care.
Level Descriptor This is the specialist level of the job family where employees are assigned responsibility for performing the more complex nursing tasks and may serve as lead worker. This includes tasks involving the assignment and review of work, providing required training, and ensuring that the quality of care meets established standards. Responsibilities will also include providing guidance and training to others in completing the more complex nursing tasks and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory; of medical terminology; and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to provide nursing care to patients or clients; and to monitor and direct the work of others.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing; or Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC)
ODVA has determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by63 O.S. § 427.8.
Annual Salary $56,000 ($26.92/hour)
• Generous benefits allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Health, Dental, Life, Disability w/ FSA and HSA options
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days paid vacation
• 15 days paid sick leave
• Retirement savings plan with generous company match
• Longevity bonus for years of service
•Generous incentive programs re: license renewal fee reimbursement and skill-based pay allowances
ODVA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. https://oklahoma.gov/employee-benefits/benefits-department/benefit-enrollment-guides.html
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.