LPN Wound Care
Job Posting Title
LPN Wound Care
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Claremore Veterans Center
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
$28.85 per hour
Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
(some weekends and holidays may be required)
The LPN, Wound Nurse is responsible for the assessment, treatment, and management of patient wounds under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician, or dentist. This includes educating the patient and others of the proper care and treatment of skin issues as well as preventative measures.
- Perform nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills and licensure
- Participate in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care
- Assess the patient's nutritional status to determine the patient's potential to heal
- Participate in the evaluation of responses to interventions
- Treat or manage all the types of open wounds, scars, skin infections, or skin tears
- Treat or manage vascular ulcers, diabetic ulcers and all the other type of ulcers
- Dress wounds and provide instruction on how to dress the wound and proper treatment to others
- Implement preventive measures in order to reduce the incidences of ulcers and wounds
- Assess, report, document and record status of conditions and patient health daily
- Administer medications as ordered
- Report appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member
- Supervise staff performing medication administration and patient care
- Supervision of assigned staff and completion of performance evaluations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and sanitation and personal hygiene. Ability to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Demonstrated ability to provide nursing care to patients and clients. Ability to monitor and direct the work of others.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing plus three years of practical nursing experience; or Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) plus three years of practical nursing experience. Wound care assessment/treatment experience is preferred.
Some positions may require that applicants be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
ODVA has designated this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by63 O.S. § 427.8.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.