Patient Care Assistant I, II, or III
Job Posting Title
Patient Care Assistant I, II, or III
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 10
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
November 22, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position is up to $38,000 based on education and experience.
Location : 424 S Eastern Ave, Moore, OK 73160
Salary: $ 38,000.00 based on education and experience
Full Time /Part Time: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Primary Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Why you'll love it here!
RESPECT. COLLABORATION. SERVICE. The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. Check out why were are passionate about public health and believe it is the career for you!!! What is Public Health?
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? We know that benefits matter and that is why we offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees.
- Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums.
- A wide choice of insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses and/or dependent care.
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match.
- 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year for full time employees.
- 11 paid holidays a year.
- Student Loan repayment options & tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts with a variety of companies and venders.
- Longevity Bonus for years of service
Position Description: Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, and charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
- Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
- Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient's condition.
- Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
- Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
- Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
- Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
- Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
- Provides case finding and recruitment of at-risk persons for comprehensive health services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Level I: None required at this level
Level II: One (1) year experience in providing patient care
Level III- Three (3) years' experience in providing patient care
Valued Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Level I: Required at this level include knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Level II: Required at this level include knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Level III: Required at this level include knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Additionally, knowledge of public health services available to the community; of record keeping; of the techniques of interviewing, of basic nursing practices and techniques; of basic methods of sanitation and personal hygiene; and of medical terminology. Ability is required to apply basic nursing techniques. Also required knowledge of planning and organizing work assignments. Ability is also required to monitor and direct the work of others; to judge a situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Preferred Qualifications: Bilingual Spanish.
Telework: This position is not eligible for Telework and is subject to OSDH
policy and supervisor's discretion.
- If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of application.
- All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.