Patient Care Assistant III (CMA-A)
Job Posting Title
Patient Care Assistant III (CMA-A)
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Claremore Veterans Center
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
May 31, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
ODVA is seeking a full-time Patient Care Assistant III (CMA-A) to assist with transporting residents to and from the Claremore Veterans Center. This is a state employee position located in Claremore, Oklahoma.ODVA offers a comprehensiveBenefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this linkPlan Year 2023.
The hourly rate for this position is $18.25.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies. Serves as escort driver for patient appointments outside of center including Muskogee and Oklahoma City.
- Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
- Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient's condition.
- Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
- Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
- Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
- Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
- Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
- Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services.
- Prepares patient for transport by checking oxygen, supplies, and patient for proper dress. Transports documentation and makes copies of all medical records and progress notes from other facilities to return to medical staff.
- Assists with preparing patients for meals, both within facility and while on escort duty. Supplies fresh water, extra fluids, and snacks as required. Attends to toileting needs, providing privacy for patient at all times.
This is the leadership level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibility for providing guidance, training, and assignment of work activities to other patient care assistant staff and perform more advanced duties.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience required at this level consists of three years of experience in providing patient care.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; of public health services available to the community; of record keeping; of the techniques of interviewing, of basic nursing practices and techniques; of basic methods of sanitation and personal hygiene; of medical terminology; and of planning and organizing work assignments. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to apply basic nursing techniques; to monitor and direct the work of others; and to judge a situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Some positions may require the possession of a valid Oklahoma driver's license and/or possession of a Class C (CDL) Commercial Driver's License at the time of appointment.
The Department of Veterans Affairs requires current certification in good standing by the Oklahoma State Department of Health as a (CNA) Certified Nursing Aide for Level I and II. Level III requires certification as a (CMA-A) Certified Medication Aide Advanced by the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
ODVA has determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by63 O.S. § 427.8.
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.