Registered Nurse I
Job Posting Title
Registered Nurse I
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
RN I salary $62,000.00 ($29.81 hourly)
Shift differentials $2.88 hour for hours on evening and night shifts worked only, does not apply for leave used.
Biweekly benefit allowance for 2023 as follow:
Employee only $343.28
Employee & Spouse $682.90
Employee, Spouse & Child $802.50
Employee, Spouse & Children $872.88
Employee & Child $464.14
Employee & Children $548.39
Brief outline on retirement:
Pathfinder is a 401K with 3 plan choices:
Standard: 4.5% we put in 6%
High: 7% we put in 7%
Customized -You have the opportunity to put in any amount over 4.5% or 7%. We put in 6% for anything less than 7% and 7% for anything over 7%.
You vest 20% each year. At 5 years you are fully vested.
Additional Incentive amounts:
You can earn up to 10% of your annual salary by completing any incentive bonus listed that does not pertain to your job description and that would benefit this facility (example: keeping your CNA cert updated while working in accounting is $2600 per year because it will benefit this facility, but getting your cleat would not benefit this facility so it wouldn't be one that you would be able to get the incentive pay for)
Student loan repayment program
We will pay $5,000 per year up to 3 year ($15,000) toward your student loans
Longevity begins after 2 years. You receive your first longevity payment in the pay period of your anniversary date.
You will receive a longevity payment on year 2 and every year after but on even years it will increase (Example: year 2 -$250, year 3 -$250, Year 4 -$426 so on and so on)
Paid time off:
• 1-5 years - 15 days a year possible - 4.62 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.057692 per minute)
• 5-10 years - 18 days a year possible - 5.54 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.069231 per minute)
• 10-20 years - 20 days per year possible - 6.15 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.076923 per minute)
• 20 years plus - 25 days per year possible - 7.69 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.096154 per minute)
Sick leave: 15 days a year possible - 4.62 hours biweekly (based on hours worked 0.057692 per minute)
Holiday leave: 11 holidays accrued yearly to use within 6 months after accrual date.
Admin Weather leave: We are considered essential personnel; we will be required to work during inclement weather. You will accrue up to 8 hours per day or 36 hours total of admin leave if you are working during inclement weather to use within the 6 months from the date of accrual.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law.
- Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
- Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
- Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
- Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
- Delegates tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
- Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
- Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
This is the basic level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibility for performing basic level professional nursing care. Assignments are generally well defined and may include direct and indirect nursing care. This may include monitoring and assessing the health status of individuals, planning the nursing care of the individual, putting interventions in place, and evaluating the outcome. Provides health education. May include providing direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel. Refers unusual or complex situations to the supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing; or Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required to perform duties at this level include knowledge of the principles and practices of professional nursing, of health promotion, and of disease prevention. Ability is required to perform assessments and nursing functions as acquired in the basic nursing preparation program.
The Department of Corrections has determined that some positions in this job family are safety sensitive as defined by63 O.S. § 427.8.The Department of Corrections requires a current Oklahoma Dental Assistant and/or Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Assistant permit as defined by 59 O.S. § 328.24.
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.