Registered Nurse II – C1
Job Posting Title
Registered Nurse II - C1
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 3
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Location : Payne County Health Department
Full Time /Part Time: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Primary Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Why you'll love it here!
RESPECT. COLLABORATION. SERVICE. The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. Check out why were are passionate about public health and believe it is the career for you!!! What is Public Health?
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? We know that benefits matter and that is why we offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees.
- Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums.
- A wide choice of insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses and/or dependent care.
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match.
- 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year for full time employees.
- 11 paid holidays a year.
- Student Loan repayment options & tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts with a variety of companies and venders.
- Longevity Bonus for years of service
Position Description: Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This position conducts home visits in varied counties to provide parent education and support to first time parents utilizing the Nurse-Family Partnership Model. Children First Program education includes healthy living during pregnancy, fetal development, child growth and development, strong parent-child relationships, goal setting, problem solving, and community resource identification.
- Assess the health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Monitor and assess the health status of first-time mothers and infants to age two.
- Design and provide plan of care and provide nurse care management and health education in the areas of Children First Program
- Deliver professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
- Assure quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
- Perform specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC); and one year of professional nursing experience; OR, a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN).
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Combination of office, vehicle, and homes. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
Telework: This position is not eligible for Telework
- If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of application.
- All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.