Registered Nurse II Temporary
Job Posting Title
Registered Nurse II Temporary
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 3
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
OSDH is seeking a part time Registered Nurse II Temporary providing support to Osage County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34003673 governed by the Civil Service Rules , Located in Osage County, OK.
Location: District 3 - Osage County
Salary: $29.10 per hour
Work Schedule: Part-Time, Monday-Friday
Provide direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law. In addition, this position will serve to meet the expanded need in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assess health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Evaluate and determine health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
- Deliver professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
- Educate individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
- Provide supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborate with other professionals in the management of health care.
- Delegate tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
- Assure quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
- Perform specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of professional nursing experience, or, a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Required at this level include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care. In addition, this job requires, knowledge of available health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures. Ability is required to develop, plan, and implement an effective nursing care program and to provide education and training.
- Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time.
- Combination of office, vehicle, and homes.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Work related travel required.
Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.