RN House Supervisor
Job Posting Title
RN House Supervisor
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Claremore Veterans Center
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Up to $35.10 per hour
7pm-7:30pm ($2.88 shift differential)
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the supervision and management of a staff, program, unit, facility, or statewide geographical area that provides direct or indirect health services. This includes responsibility for broad management issues in planning, organizing and integrating various functions for which responsibility is assigned and directing assigned staff in meeting the goals and objectives of the program.
- Plans, organizes and directs health services for an assigned program, unit, facility, hospital or geographical area; insures that goals, objectives and work performed are consistent with standards and that quality care is provided to patients and clients.
- Selects, mentors, motivates and directs development and evaluation of the staff; establishes and tracks quality improvement indicators and other information concerning services and care to insure that resources are available to provide quality services and on-time performance consistent with standards; may devise health related educational programs for professional and non-professional staff.
- Participates, consults and collaborates in the development of long-range plans for health care programs; may interpret and communicate agency and departmental policies and procedures; establishes areas of responsibility and assignment; develops or implements policies and procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health services.
- Receives, analyzes and evaluates reports and other information and coordinates quality improvement activities concerning the care of patients, equipment, environmental health and safety conditions, and other related services in improving the quality and utilization of health care.
- Develops budget estimates or other information concerning financial requirements; approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to insure compliance with budget guidelines and effective delivery of services.
Positions at this level are assigned responsibilities for performing professional nursing and supervisory functions in a state facility, hospital, clinic, school, or public health program. This may include functions such as a twenty-four hour or shift supervisor of a treatment service or specialized program in a facility, supervision of nursing services in an assigned geographical area, a hospital or facility, a supervisor of a program specialty area, or comparable responsibilities. Employees at this level are responsible for day-to-day clinical operations, staffing of the work area, and evaluation of performance of assigned staff to ensure quality of care, and may cover for the Nurse Manager II in their absence.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, or Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and three years of professional nursing experience, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or a bachelor's degree in nursing and two years of professional nursing experience, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or a master's degree and one year of professional nursing experience in a supervisory capacity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level consist of knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of expense control, and purchasing procedures; of the philosophy and objectives of the nursing department; and of the principles and practices of effective supervision. Ability is required to direct, motivate and evaluate staff; to plan and implement programs; to develop controls to monitor effectiveness of programs; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by63 O.S. § 427.8.
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.